|Location:||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Legal Assistant:||Taylor Strong|
Mr. Wiebe studied economics at Simon Fraser University before going on to complete his Juris Doctor at the University of British Columbia. Before entering the profession of law Mr. Wiebe was an executive at the Credit Bureau/Equifax and the executive vice-president of Credit Management Corporation.
Mr. Wiebe worked at both a national tier one law firm in downtown Vancouver as well as a senior associate at Allen and Overy LLP, in London, England before returning to Vancouver to found this firm.
He has been a regular instructor for the CPA Association, Chartered Accountant’s Institute of British Columbia, Professional Development Program for the past two decades, a professor of Business Law at the University of Phoenix, Burnaby campus, a presenter on the topic of Creditor Remedies with the Continuing Legal Education society of BC and a contributing author to the Professional Legal Training Course student materials (Bar exams).
Mr. Wiebe’s practice focuses primarily on corporate/commercial law, Real Estate Income and Investment Trusts and complex estate and trust matters.
In his spare time he enjoys oil painting, woodworking, working with charities and spending time with his wife and three children.
Mr. Wiebe is active in both Federal and Provincial politics and serves on the board of a number of corporations and non-profits. He is currently the President of North Shore Community Resources which is a multi service agency which provides a variety of community based services to the residents of the north shore.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Estate work
- British Columbia
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Simon Fraser University
- Major: Economics
- “Crown Privilege – A brief history”, Canadian Police College, 2003
- “An overview of Punitive Damages”, Canadian Review of Civil Litigation, 2004
- “Credit and Collections”, Chartered Accountants Institute BC
- “Process for Seizure and Sale”, Continuing Legal Education BC
- “REIT’s overview of structure and tax issues, Chartered Professional Accountants association of BC – 2018”
- Credit and Collections , Chartered Accountants Institute of British Columbia
- Commercial Law, University of Phoenix
- Small Business Law, University of Phoenix
- Guest Lecturer, International Trade and Finance with Europe
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Allen & Overy LLP, London, England
- Credit Management Corporation
- Equifax Canada, Credit Bureau Vancouver
Pro Bono Activities
- North Shore Community Resources